To help with your revision why not try out some of these Revision Websites and general revision advice. Also check out the exam board sites for detailed syllabus information and sample exam papers.
Many of you like using the internet for revision but it is vital that you use specific subject related websites recommended by your teachers as the general revision websites (e.g. BBC bitesize) won't give you the in-depth revision that you need! Listed below the websites or resources recommended by subject teachers marked by an * - please note that some teachers don't recommend specific websites in which case you need to use your notes and any text/work books that they have given you to revise from!
Individual Subject Resources & Advice
There are help pages with activities, videos, information and revision notes for each of the 2 DT subjects on www.technology student.com
Resistant Materials: the exam topic is Seating in Public Areas click on the link to access the specific section for this. Also look on the same website under the 'Resistant Materials' section on the home page for more general materials and revision cards.
For Product Design the exam context is Design Problems associated with a A Children’s Day Nursery and materials to prepare for this can be found via the hyperlink. Also look on the same website under the 'Product Design' section on the home page for more general materials and revision cards.
*Food Preparation & Nutrition: Students have been given all the materials they need to revise. Some materials can be found under 'pupils global' in the GCSE Food folder which may be printed at school and taken home by students.
*French Revision Resources:
Speaking Conversation questions PowerPoints:
- Link to audio files (zip file)
- Listening practice transcripts
- Listening practice questions
- Listening practice answers
*History: revision folder on school system to which all Y11's have access contains a PDF of every topic, 25+ exam questions with model A* answers and a relevant revision resource (i.e. acronym / mindmap.) All of the past papers and mark schemes are also in this folder. All students have been given (and they are on the system) - a set of flash cards with all of the subject knowledge they need. In the revision resources folder that Mrs Saunders downloaded there is a revision book (OK) and text book (very good).
*Maths: Maths now follows the new grade 1-9 syllabus which involved more content and more problem solving questions than previously. Optimum revision is best achieved through repeated practice of past exam papers. As the exam is in it's infancy there are very limited past papers so the students have been given access to a number of specimen papers that closely model the real thing. These can be found under 'pupils global' in the GCSE maths folder. There are 15 papers at each of foundation and higher tier along with answer schemes. These can be printed at school and taken home by students.
Online Revision Resources
- BBC Bitesize - All subjects, very helpful and useful
- GCSE Guide - the chance to revise and test yourself in English and Maths.
- GCSE help - Mainly Maths, French, Physics and English. Includes practice tests, jokes, and revision tips.
- Project GCSE - Covers many subjects including Maths, English, Science, History and French.
- Revision Centre - Here you will find revision notes, links, tips, and many other resources to help you make the most of your revision and get through those exams!
- S-Cool - provides high quality GCSE revision material and revision tips.
- Skoool - GCSE revision for Maths and Science
- Schoolsnet - offers GCSE revision help in most subjects.
- Topmarks - Links to help in most subjects.
Individual Subject Web Links
- Biology Revision
- * French - choose ‘francais' from menu on left
- History Revision
- Maths GCSE Papers
- Maths Back to Basics
- Maths is fun -aimed at basic maths skills. However you will find some more complex stuff, and some easier bits. Hopefully there should be something for everybody.
- ICT good glossary for KS
- * Science (only for physics): scroll down and click ‘to enter site' then select ‘physics GCSE'
- *Technology Student