Welcome to the Year 6 area of our website with lots of information and activities to help with your child’s transition to Beacon Hill in September.
Students: You will find some presentations to help you get an idea of the layout of the building, meet the staff and see what advice our current Year 7 have for you. There are also some challenges that you can try and send to Mrs Saunders. We have included some mindfulness activities that you might like to try. One HUGE favour you could do for us is to take the literacy tests that are highlighted below. Thank you – looking forward to seeing you all in September.
Parents: Further down there is information about the school, procedures, policies, helpful links and forms. This includes links for uniform ordering, applying for free school meals and clothing vouchers plus our data collection pack.
Information and Data Collection packs have been handed out to YR6 students currently in our Hub and will be sent out by post to all other YR6 students joining us in September. Please note YR6 Hub students have already completed the IT and Home School Agreement.
It would be brilliant if all year 6 students could complete a couple of literacy tests online: reading comprehension and spelling.
- Click on this link Literacy Assessment Online
- Complete as the screenshot below shows, choose your name from drop down list and click Take the Test
- Choose the option below which will take you to a multiple choice quiz. Read each sentence and choose which word you think makes most sense to fit the gap.
- Once finished click submit and then click on take another test, scroll down page a bit further and click on the next test shown below.
- For this test you will need to click on the arrow beside the sentence to hear a word pronounced that fits into the gap, listen carefully and spell/type the word into the box below the sentence.
Please send any completed challenges to Mrs Saunders either by handing into school or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org There are PDF and Powerpoint or Word versions depending on what you have access to.
- All about Me (pdf)
- All About Me (PowerPoint)
- New Year 7 Transition Challenge (pdf)
- New Year 7 Transition Challenge (Word)
- Design Challenge (pdf)
- Design Challenge (Powerpoint)
- English & Food Challenge (pdf)
- English & Food Challenge (PowerPoint)
- Science Challenge (pdf)
- Science Challenge (PowerPoint)
- PE & Spanish Challenge (pdf)
- Mindfulness Challenge
- I am an amazing person
- Transition scenarios
- Positive and mindfulness colouring
- New intake information booklet
- Library leaflet
- Safeguarding leaflet
- Attendance Matters
- Privacy notice
- Term Dates
Forms & Useful Links
- Data collection pack
- Uniform ordering form
- Order uniform direct from West Lakes Embroidery
- Apply for free school meals and clothing vouchers
- School Policies and Publications
If you have any questions, concerns or queries regarding your child’s transition to Beacon Hill in September, please contact:
Pastoral Lead and SENDCo – Mrs L. Saunders – email@example.com
Pastoral Manager – Mrs A. Pearce – firstname.lastname@example.org